Pine Needle Basketry by Vicki Phillips
July 30, 2011
So Proud
My daughter finished her first basket while manning our craft booth this past weekend at the Olalla Valley Vineyard. Our sales were not what we expected, but having her make and finish a basket is priceless! The best part is that she enjoyed herself and she wants to make another basket. I thought her basket turned out fantastic for a first try and I like the shape. Pine needle basket making is a dying craft...probably due to it being so labor intensive. I'm so proud of you Jenny for making this basket and keeping the tradition alive!! I thought your basket deserved proper photos! Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I like my basket now that I look at it a bit. I can't wait to do another one in Canada.
ReplyDeleteI recently got rid of the unfinished evidence of my basket from our couples class with Dale all those years ago. Sure glad someone was paying more attention to the directions and less time laughing. GREAT JOB Jbean.
ReplyDelete