My mom lives on Oahu in Hawaii and my family and I have been very fortunate to visit there several times over the years. Hawaii is one of the most beautiful and relaxing places that I have ever experienced. The minute you step off the plane you are greeted with the warm ocean air and the sweet scent of tropical flowers. This basket was inspired by the beautiful lagoons that I have seen there, thus the name "Lagoon". The Brazilian agate center reminded me of the beautiful turquoise water and the lovely white sand beaches that surround these beautiful treasures. I used natural brown and green and dyed sage and dark green Long Leaf pine needles. I left the sheaths of the pine needles showing towards the top of the basket to represent the lush tropical vegetation that surrounds the lagoons. I stitched it together using dark green Irish waxed linen thread. When I look at this basket I feel like I am in Hawaii!
Aloha!
I wish I was in Hawaii right now! Or at least feel like it can I borrow the basket? :)
ReplyDelete