Why when it snows do we feel like making snowballs? Why is it that we feel that we have the right to make snowballs and throw them at each other? Why do we feel possessed to roll bigger snowballs and make snowmen? I guess it is just the magic of snow that makes us do playful and crazy things!
Lucy and I had fun playing in the snow last week, even though it was short lived. Lucy is making a funny face at my pine needle basket snow woman...I deserve it! I made her out of very wet snow, pine needles, sliced walnuts, pine cones, raffia, date palm branches and sticks. I used my "snowballs" basket for a hat, just for fun!
I made this basket using natural Long Leaf pine needles, white artificial sinew, white aventurine chip beads and a snowman pottery base. Enjoy!





Gosh, I have a talented Mom. Your baskets are getting better and more creative all the time!
ReplyDeleteThat is the best snowman! Really fun. Love your basket and the all the ways you have found to expand their design and character boundaries. Great stuff. Hug lucy for me please.
ReplyDeleteThe funny thing about the snowman is that it was pouring rain and the snow was melting fast. I had to hurry up and build it under the eve of the house and Lucy thought it was playtime! I kept having to rebuild it while throwing snowballs for Lucy! What I will do for a good basket photo!
ReplyDelete