



I have been busy moving into the craft room (yeah!) this week and one of the most time consuming and messy tasks has been sorting pine needles. I have collected pine needles for over twenty years and have stored them mostly in shoe boxes throughout the house and in the garage. My husband is very happy that I have one place to keep them now, because he was getting pretty tired of finding boxes of pine needles everywhere! It has been like Christmas opening all of these boxes and seeing the fun variety of pine needles and trying to remember where they all came from. Besides the pine needles that I have picked myself, many came from family and friends across the country and from fellow basket makers on EBay. As I sat in my new room sorting, I kept thinking that this was a totally frivolous thing to be doing compared to what is going on in the world today with the wars, bad economy, violence, despair and sadness. After about the fifteenth box, I decided that it was ok to sit and sort pine needles, because we all need a little respite from the seriousness and challenges that we are faced with everyday. I hope everyone has a chance to "sort their pine needles" or whatever it is that brings them joy and peace. Have a great day and now back to sorting!
It's really coming together. A dream, having all the supplies in one place, upstairs and in view. Love clear plastic boxes. I think "out of sight, out of mind" is especially true with art supplies. Now, all that wonderful inspiration right at your fingertips. You keep sorting missy. Most of the worlds woes aren't going anywhere, unfortunately. You can tend to them between baskets and any number of other magical things your new work space will inspire.
ReplyDelete