Pine Needle Basketry by Vicki Phillips

July 30, 2024

Rosebud


I know people love to grow roses, but I am not one of them. I have tried growing them over the years and the only success that I have had is with two rose trees that I bought many years ago. I have moved these rose trees a handful of times and they are still thriving. All of the other rose plants that I planted over the years never did well and always seemed to have a disease of some sort. However, I am just now coming to understand the effort that goes into these plants to produce beautiful roses. I have also learned how to prune them and fertilize them for better results. The passion that people have for growing roses is on a completely different level of gardening that I don't completely understand, but do appreciate. I'm giving roses another try and have added a few more rose trees this year to my garden. So far they are doing well, so maybe I will learn to love growing roses after all.


I made my "Rosebud" pine needle basket using natural green Longleaf pine needles, hunter green artificial sinew, Czech red pressed glass flower picasso beads and a rose pottery bowl base. This basket is 4" round by 2" tall.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment