Pine Needle Basketry by Vicki Phillips

December 18, 2021

Winter's Night


The darkest days of winter have arrived along with crisp cold nights and a bright moon shining in the night sky. We get a lot of storms off of the Pacific ocean this time of year and the weather can go from wind and rain to rain mixed with snow very quickly. We don't usually get very much lowland snow, but when we do, it is like a magical winter wonderland. Everything seems so peaceful all covered in white. Our local tv weather person tonight forecasted a slight chance of snow in the lowlands on Christmas this year! I am really excited and I have my sled ready to go down our hill!


I made my "Winter's Night" pine needle basket using dyed dark brown Longleaf pine needles, dark blue and white artificial sinew, dark blue round sea glass beads, beautiful two-sided snowy tree artisan lampwork beads and a beautiful two-sided snowy tree and moon heart-shaped artisan lampwork bead inside a wrapped wooden hoop for the center.
This basket measures 11" round by 1" tall.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment