Pine Needle Basketry by Vicki Phillips

December 10, 2021

Kind Words


Sunflowers always remind me of happiness and sunshine, so on a rainy dark day this basket was much needed. As the last of the fall leaves were making their way to the ground for winter, I finally finished this basket. I hurried outside between rain storms to take photos of it, but I still got a few raindrops on the basket. This basket also reminds me to be kind in all circumstances. I think this is a very simple thing to do and it just makes the world a happier place, especially during these challenging times.


I made my "Kind Words" pine needle basket using different shades of dyed brown Longleaf pine needles and stitched it together with striped earthtone yellow artificial sinew, which gave the basket a cool ombre effect. I adorned it with Czech picasso yellow flower glass beads around the rim and put a "kind words, speak life" sunflower heart pottery pendant on the front. I used a beautiful woodburned sunflower wooden basket base in the center. This basket measures approximately 5-1/4" round by 3" tall.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment