Pine Needle Basketry by Vicki Phillips

May 28, 2021

May Flowers










I love the month of May with the beautiful variety of flowers bursting with color everywhere. The different sizes and shapes always amaze me. My garden and yard smell so wonderful with all of the the different fragrances from the fresh blooms, especially from lilacs, bluebells and beauty bush. Flowers have been a constant source of inspiration for my baskets over the years. I have used the stems and leaves in some of my baskets and I try to replicate the colors of the flowers in my baskets, too. I hope everyone is enjoying the incredible flowers of spring.


A special thank you to Lady Bird Johnson for establishing the Capital Beautification Project. She helped protect native plants and natural landscapes and made our country a more beautiful place.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vicki!
    Your baskets are beautiful! I just sent you a message on Etsy. I’m hoping to find a way to connect with you or anyone else in Gig Harbor who enjoys pine needle basketry.

    ReplyDelete