Part of the time while I was making this basket I had the movie "La La Land" on tv. I kept getting swept up in the movie and had to remind myself to concentrate on the basket. However, listening to the wonderful music and the romantic story line added to the love and joy of making this basket.
I made their "August Romance" basket using natural brown and dyed dark blue Longleaf pine needles and combined them in such a way to try to look like water. I stitched it all together with Pacific blue artificial sinew and added five brass dragonfly connector beads to represent each decade that they have been married and added a beautiful multi-blue and brown dragonfly pottery base.
Enjoy!




You have such a lovely sense of design. this is a basket they will cherish, i am sure!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Your bases are gorgeous and always an inspiration!
ReplyDelete