Pine Needle Basketry by Vicki Phillips

February 11, 2014

True Love


I enjoy watching 1940's -1960's era old movies, especially romantic comedies and musicals, when I make baskets. I can watch them over and over again and still see or hear something new each time. I get excited discovering new "old" movies that I haven't seen before, too. Watching a couple as they start to fall in love and knowing that they have found true love when a soft closeup of their faces appears on the screen or when a special song is sung gets my attention every time. This YouTube video of a scene from the 1956 High Society movie with Grace Kelly and Bing Crosby singing the song "True Love" by Cole Porter is one of my favorites.

My True Love basket is made with natural brown Long Leaf pine needles, country red Irish waxed linen thread, copper electroplated red heart glass beads and a "Love" ceramic center base. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment