Opposites attract, but don't last. I'm not sure if this statement is true or not. However, I do know that my husband and I have been married for almost 29 years and one of the things that keeps our relationship interesting is that our hobbies are completely opposite from each other. I think this also works because our hobby sheds are on opposite sides of our house!
This basket was also opposite from what I usually make. This is the second basket that I have made using all black dyed Long Leaf pine needles and white artificial sinew. I like how the white stitches seem to pop off the black pine needles. I added black and white glass Czech heart beads and larger glass heart lampwork beads to add even more contrast and interest. I used zebra wood for the base. Enjoy!
Another beautiful basket! And I love the new blog format. I may have to play around with mine and get more up to date :)
ReplyDeleteThis one is really funky but I like it. It reminds me of the zebra one!
ReplyDelete