Pine Needle Basketry by Vicki Phillips

February 26, 2009

5 Series



While making this basket in January I had thoughts of snow, ice, freezing fog and midnight blue winter skies running through my head. When I finished the basket my husband told me he thought it was the best basket that I have ever made! I asked him why and he told me that it reminded him of his 5 series BMW that he sold last year. The dumortierite chips on the rim and the agate center were the same dark blue color that his BMW had. This was one of many "sought after" vehicles that he has owned over the years, but this one was special because it was built the year our daughter was born. My son walked by at about the same time and told me that he couldn't believe that I had figured out how to put German engineering into a basket! Oh well, so much for nature!
Enjoy!

P.S. I took these photos on my frozen bird bath which was not the best idea, because the basket kept sliding around on the ice!

2 comments:

  1. I knew I should not have sold that car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, am I ever behind on my blog checking. This is beautiful and certainly one of my favorites as well. You couldn't have found blues in the sinew, stones and base that reflect what I think of as YOUR blue. That soft denim version. Love it!

    ReplyDelete