Pine Needle Basketry by Vicki Phillips

February 11, 2009

Hibernation

It is made with Florida long leaf pine needles and dark brown artificial sinew with a dark gray swirl Brazilian agate center. I used Labradorite stone chips and different size Labradorite Zuni bear stone beads surrounding the top of the basket.
Labradorite is know as a winter stone and you know the story of the bears in winter! There are also several meanings for the Zuni bear and Labradorite stone that I will leave for you to look up on your own. I also took these photos in the snow after our latest visit from Jack Frost! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Finally, Friday night and a chance to comment on this AMAZING basket. The sinew color is so good with the lovely stones, above and below. Just enough of them to give off that great texture, yet not too many. And the bears are the perfect addition. Beautifully done. I know the making of a basket like this is meditative. How nice that it provides the same relaxation for the viewer.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete