When I was a kid, we would visit my grandparents in North Dakota every summer. Something that we always did was take a drive to the farm that my mom grew up on. One of the crops that they grew were sunflowers. I remember standing in the field of those cheerful beauties in a sea of yellow that seemed to go on forever. I have loved sunflowers ever since. I always try to grow a variety of sunflowers every year in my garden as a beautiful reminder of seeing those acres of sunflowers so many years ago.
"Sunflower Fields"
I made my "Sunflower Fields" pine needle basket using natural brown and dyed yellow Longleaf pine needles, earth tone orange artificial sinew, a beautiful sunflower pottery connector bead and a colorful wooden hand painted dot mandala in a spectrum of browns, orange, yellow and sage green on a yellow ochre background center base. This basket measures approximately 4-1/4' round by 2-1/2" tall.
ENJOY!






No comments:
Post a Comment