Pine Needle Basketry by Vicki Phillips

March 20, 2022

Happy First Day Of Spring

Spring has officially arrived in the Pacific Northwest and is bursting with color! The air is filled with birds chirping and flowers coming up everywhere. The longer days to enjoy everything has been wonderful. I never get tired of watching spring come alive after the dark and cold days of winter. It always seems so magical and always comes at a time when it is most needed in the world.

All of these baskets were inspired by the spring season. I hope that they bring some peace and happiness to everyone. Enjoy!

"Splish Splash"

I made my "Splish Splash" pine needle basket using natural brown Longleaf pine needles, turquoise blue artificial sinew, light blue floral glass millefiori heart beads, birds splashing in water in a birdbath heart-shaped pottery pendant and a turquoise blue energy "Love" stone set in resin for the center base. This basket measures 4-3/4" round by 2-3/4" tall.

"Joy"

I made my "Joy" pine needle basket using natural green Longleaf pine needles, sweetgrass, yellow artificial sinew, olive green sea glass beads, colorful floral "Joy" heart shaped pottery pendant and a bright green with blue flowers pottery center base. This basket measures 4" round x 2-3/4" tall.

"Red Tulips"

I made my "Red Tulips" pine needle basket using dyed cherry red and dyed dark brown Longleaf pine needles, red artificial sinew, Czech red glass tulip beads, "all things grow with love" pottery connector bead and a beautiful grained walnut wood center base. This basket measures 4" x 3-1/2" x 2".

No comments:

Post a Comment