I made this basket for my niece and her husband as a special wedding gift. The inspiration for this basket came from a photo of them kissing under The Kissing Bridge in front of the Vermont County Store in Rockingham, Vermont. I tried to capture that special moment for them with this basket. I inscribed their initials on the beautiful covered bridge basket base and the date of their wedding on the back using a wood burning pen. I love making wedding baskets and I hope this one brings my niece and her husband many years of peace, happiness and lots of love for their future together.
I made my "Kissing Bridge" wedding pine needle basket using natural and several shades of dyed brown Longleaf pine needles, brown artificial sinew, copper electroplated red heart glass beads and a wood burnt image of a covered bridge on a cedar wooden base. The beautiful basket base was made by Arts From the Forest.
ENJOY!





No comments:
Post a Comment