Pine Needle Basketry by Vicki Phillips

October 15, 2020

Breathe



Finding the new normal during these challenging times reminds me to just take everything a day at a time and remember to just breathe and relax. Keeping focused on the simple things each day and staying positive also helps. During this time, I discovered the work of Morgan Harper Nichols. Her beautiful artwork and writings are an inspiration and very uplifting. If you are interested in learning more about her click here

It just so happens, that I was working on this basket when we were stuck inside for over a week because of the wildfire smoke that came into our area from Washington, Oregon and California. Breathing took on a whole different meaning during this time. My heart goes out to all the people affected by the devastating wildfires.

I made my "Breathe" pine needle basket using different shades of dyed brown Longleaf pine needles, brown artificial sinew, a blue and brown "Breathe" pottery heart pendant and a Oregon Myrtlewood wooden round base. This basket measures 4-1/2" round by 3" tall.

Stay Safe and Keep Positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment