I remember when I was a kid watching a solar eclipse and being amazed. I didn't think I would have the same feeling with this one, but it was remarkable, even with only about 93% totality. I was fortunate to be at the beach on Puget Sound and it was a calm, clear and warm sunny day. As the moon cast it's shadow on the earth and the sun started to get blocked out, everything began to get very quiet and cool. Even the crows and seagulls were just sitting on the beach not making a sound, which was a remarkable site in itself, because they never seem to be quiet or still! At the peak of totality, with just a sliver of sun shining through, an orange dusk glowed everywhere. At this moment, a seal popped his head up out of the water as if he was wondering what was going on. I am sure that it got very dark down there! A few small fish jumped and then it started to get lighter and warmer as the light and heat from the sun started to come back. It was one of the most peaceful and amazing things that I have ever experienced and I will hold it in my heart for the rest of my life.
I made my "Total Eclipse" basket using natural brown Longleaf pine needles, sweetgrass, dark brown Brazilian Settanyl waxed poly cord, gray glass crow beads, light blue shell and ocean wave lampwork beads and a gray multi-colored agate base. The agate that is supposed to represent the sun and the moon seems to have a smile on it, which sums up the day perfectly!
Enjoy!






No comments:
Post a Comment