This basket was inspired by the majestic beauty and power of the Pacific Ocean. I feel blessed to have lived on the Oregon Coast and now in the Puget Sound area where I can experience the peacefulness, wonderful energy and ever changing views daily. When I am making baskets they seem to take on a life on of their own. I have an idea in my head of what I want a basket to look like, but most of the time they turn out how they want to. This basket was no exception and it just kept getting bigger and more wavy as I kept stitching. It definitely had the power of the Pacific Ocean shaping it.
My husband and I were watching the Netflix series "The Crown" during the time that I was making this basket. I had to laugh when I looked at it, because it was so elegant and large like a crown!
I made my "Pacific Treasures" pine needle basket using natural green and dyed dark blue Longleaf pine needles, dark blue artificial sinew, crystal sea glass sand dollar pendants, Czech crystal crow beads and a dark blue crystallized agate center base. Enjoy!






So beautiful! Love these mom!
ReplyDelete