In December my husband, son and I traveled to Antarctica. This all came about last year when my son, who works for an expedition travel company, won the big prize at his office Christmas party...A CRUISE TO ANTARCTICA!! My son was kind enough to invite us and for the next year I planned and kept asking myself "Who goes to Antarctica"? I was nervous about crossing the Drake Passage and flying so far from home since I get motion sickness from just riding in a car. Also, I had never been to Argentina and don't speak Spanish. However, I knew this would be a once in a lifetime opportunity and had to overcome all of my fears. I felt a little like Walter Mitty (played by Ben Stiller) in the latest version of the movie "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty"! I feel very grateful that I got to go and experience one of the most beautiful and peaceful places on earth. It was an AMAZING journey and an experience that will live with me for a lifetime! There were so many things on this trip that made an impression on me, but one of the biggest was the icebergs and the different kinds of ice. The shapes, colors and sizes were gorgeous and awe inspiring and helped to inspire this basket.
I made this basket using two tones of dyed blue Longleaf pine needles, dark blue artificial sinew, blue sea glass beads and a gorgeous blue and teal crystallized agate base. Enjoy!













No comments:
Post a Comment