When I planted raspberries a few years ago, I didn't realize how many surprises that would come with them. First of all, I planted a variety of raspberries that are thornless and produce two crops of berries a year, plus the berries will grown on new and old canes. This is great, because I tend to be a lazy gardener and I don't have to cut the canes back to get berries. This year I have been surprised to still be seeing berries in October. The most annoying surprise is that raspberry plants start popping up everywhere. I am glad that I planted them in the back of the garden, so that I only have to pull them out of a few of the other garden beds.
Do you see the surprise in this basket? It is the agate base with the surprise bright pink splash of color in the center. I made this basket using natural brown and dyed mauve and maroon Long Leaf pine needles, maroon Irish waxed linen thread and a maroon and pink crystallized Brazilian agate base.
Enjoy!
P.S. Thank you to my friend Chris for helping find a name for this basket:)



another beauty!
ReplyDeleteThat is a really nice basket. Love the color and the name!
ReplyDelete