Pine Needle Basketry by Vicki Phillips

August 21, 2010

Deux Libellules

The inspiration for this basket came from watching the beautiful and colorful dragonflies that I see every year at The Bay. I have never seen so many different kinds, sizes and colors of dragonflies in one place. They are always fun to watch dashing about catching mosquitoes or just sitting on a reed in the Garden Channel. Since I made this basket in Canada, I thought that it would be fun to give it a French name. Deux Libellules, meaning two dragonflies, seemed to be the perfect choice. I used natural and dyed blue Long Leaf pine needles, brown artificial sinew, a pottery center with two dragonflies (made by Pamela Zimmerman) and two brass dragonfly beads on the rim. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful basket! I think I am going to come and see the whole collection again...I am sure there are some I have not seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i love it! thanks so much for sharing so much good stuff in your blog!

    ReplyDelete