The long, warm days of summer are in full swing in the Pacific Northwest and I made a variety of pine needle baskets inspired by a few of my favorite things. One of the best parts of summer are fresh blueberries if you can pick them before the birds eat them! Nothing tastes better than a fresh baked blueberry buckle or blueberry pie this time of year. Being outside most of the time and camping are pure joy. There are so many things to see and discover along the journey on our camping trips or at our special camping spot on the shores of Puget Sound. Just sitting in the woods or alongside a beautiful shoreline watching and listening to the birds and wildlife and enjoying the beautiful scenery restores the soul.
I made my "Blooming Blueberries" pine needle basket using brown Longleaf pine needles, sweetgrass, Pacific blue artificial sinew, cobalt blue flat round glass Millefiori beads and a hand-painted blueberries pottery base. This basket is 4-1/2" round x 1-3/4" tall.
I made my "Wanderlust" pine needle basket using dyed brown Longleaf pine needles, sweetgrass, earth tone green artificial sinew, a cute camper trailer pottery connector bead and a beautiful evergreen trees pottery base. This basket is 4-3/4" x 4-1/2" x 2" tall.
I made my "Summertime Blues" pine needle basket using a variety of dyed green Longleaf pine needles, earth tone blue artificial sinew and a hand-painted blueberries square pottery base. This basket is 5" square x 1-1/4" tall.












No comments:
Post a Comment