Pine Needle Basketry by Vicki Phillips

June 19, 2020

Summer Pond

With summer arriving soon, I was thinking about one of my favorite places in Canada while making this basket. The variety of dragonflies that inhabit this natural marshlands is breathtaking. I can sit for hours just looking at all of the interesting creatures that can be found there. Unfortunately, with the pandemic and all of the travel restrictions, my family and I will not be able to get to our family cottage this year. In the meantime, I will continue to keep this special place in my heart and hope everyone near and far stays safe and healthy.
Stay Safe and Keep Positive!

I made my "Summer Pond" pine needle basket using dyed blue and natural brown Longleaf pine needles, denim blue Irish waxed linen thread, teal blue lava beads and a beautiful three dimensional blue dragonfly pottery base. This basket measures 6" round  x 2-1/4" tall.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment