The inspiration for this basket was the giant Redwood trees in Redwood National Park, even though I have never had the pleasure of seeing them in person...YET!! My family has seen these gigantic trees in person at different times, except for me. My husband went on a motorcycle trip and saw them, my daughter ran a marathon through the park and my son went on a college road trip and saw them. They have all told me how beautiful and huge they are. They also said that it is hard to describe the feeling that you get when you are standing amongst these mammoth beauties. I am hoping that someday I will get to Redwood National Park and be able see the tallest trees on earth for myself. Until then, my basket will just have to fill the void.
I used natural brown and two tones of red dyed Long Leaf pine needles, earth tone red artificial sinew, poppy jasper Zuni bear and square beads and a reddish brown agate center base. Enjoy!
P.S. I purchased the beautiful redwood red dyed Long Leaf pine needles from Barb Nelson from her shop ArtGal's Studio on Etsy. (
click here to go to her shop).
No comments:
Post a Comment