Pine Needle Basketry by Vicki Phillips

August 6, 2012

My Friends


With the help and encouragement of my family and friends, I have been participating in one summer art show for the past three years. Before each show I like to take pictures of my "friends" before they go out the door. Thank you to everyone for stopping by our booth and for the nice compliments about my baskets at the recent Grapeview Water and Art Festival. Also, thank you to the people who purchased a few of my "friends" and gave them new homes. I hope you enjoy your new baskets as much as I enjoyed making them. 
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Well if that doesn't give you a good feeling of satisfaction, I don't know what would. Amazing!

    I have a vision (though I know it isn't accurate) of your hands wrapping coils and stitching so fast that they are a blur to the human eye. Of course dogs and cats can see them, due to their highly developed speed vision. Used only for good and not tracking other creatures I'm sure. Yes, fast hands. How else could you possibly make that many?

    BTW, looks like blogger has eaten a couple of my comments from previous posts. One regarded the Grapeview booth. Nice job to all! Great combo.
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete