We are very spoiled in the Pacific Northwest with the variety of fresh seafood that is available to us regularly, especially several varieties of wild salmon. Some of the world's best wild salmon is Alaska's Copper River salmon and last week the first shipment arrived in Seattle on Alaska Airlines with lots of fanfare. It always makes me laugh when I watch the arrival of the first Copper River salmon come off of the airplane to cheers and then a walk down the red carpet to chefs waiting to cut it up to compete in the "Copper Chef Cook-off". I wish the airlines would treat their human customers as well as they treat their salmon! (
click here to watch the video of this event)
When I was growing up I spent many hours fishing for salmon, many hours being seasick and even more hours watching my mom canning, pickling and preparing the salmon. Salmon is delicious, however, I have been very spoiled and have had it so much in my lifetime that I don't really eat it that much anymore. I prefer halibut and prawns over salmon, but please don't tell that to the salmon!

I made this basket using teal green dyed Florida Long Leaf pine needles, Czech nugget jet black and light blue swirl beads, white artificial sinew and a gorgeous 3-D blue, green and white salmon pottery base made by
Pamela Zimmerman. Enjoy!
Another beauty! Love how those subtle bead shapes look like the shells salmon would pass on their journey. Wonderful colors and photos. Love watching your talents continue to expand in stunning ways. You Rock!
ReplyDeleteChris, Thanks! I couldn't decide if the beads looked like shells, fish scales or rippling water.
ReplyDelete